Zachary D. Keller is the newest member of The Royko Group acting as “Of Counsel” focusing on Entertainment Law and Civil Litigation. Before joining the firm, Mr. Keller excelled in Domestic Relations wherein he was the founder and managing partner of ZDK Law Group, P.C. representing individual clients and companies helping to resolve all types of Civil Litigation issues.
Mr. Keller is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Law (formerly known as The John Marshall Law School). While attending law school, Mr. Keller was a judicial clerk for Judge Pamela Loza of the Domestic Relations Division of the Cook County Circuit Court. Additionally, he volunteered his time at the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, assisting Guardian ad Litems in the representation of minor children in custody disputes.
Mr. Keller completed his undergraduate studies at University of Arizona, where obtained his bachelor’s degree in English Literature, with a double minor in political science and public administration. Mr. Keller is also United States Veteran, having served four years in the United States Navy, including tours during Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. In his private practice, Mr. Keller actively represented fellow veterans and first responders.
Following his success in private practice, Mr. Keller attended the University of Southern California in 2019 to complete his Legal Master’s Degree (“LLM”) in Alternative Dispute Resolution with an emphasis on, and certification in, Entertainment Law. Mr. Keller is a skilled negotiator, litigator and mediator helping both individuals and corporations resolve their legal issues from both inside and outside of the courtroom. He has recently used his Entertainment law skills to negotiate and draft contractual agreements for both talent and has advised independent filmmakers on the legal side necessary for production and how projects can find funding using sections of the Unites States Tax Code that were added specifically to help fund the arts.
- Represented multiple of high profile and high net worth individuals and families navigate through multi-million-dollar divorce proceedings dealing with everything from allocation of parental rights and responsibility (child custody) disputes to the division and tax implications of cryptocurrencies and multiple properties located in different countries and jurisdictions.
- Assisted several startup corporations as outside general counsel with work from initial set up, through multiple VC funding rounds, while advising with any contractual, employment, and other financial legal issues along the way.
- Most recently, Mr. Keller was mentored and worked behind the scenes for several Creative and Talent Agencies, Production Companies, and Entertainment Law Firms located in and around Beverly Hills, California prior to recently returning to the Chicagoland area to work directly with Mr. Hal “Corky” Kessler, his former Entertainment Law Professor and Partner at The Royko Group.
- The University of Southern California, L.LM in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Arbitration, and Negotiation with a specialization certificate and focus of Entertainment Law.
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, J.D (formerly The John Marshall School of Law, J.D.)
- University of Arizona, B.A. English Literature with a double minor in Political Science and Public Administration
- State of Illinois Bar, 2016
GET HELP TODAY WITH FREE CONSULTATIONS